Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Importing .mod spice models

Hi to everybody.

I'm trying to import *.mod spice models into Multisim, but although all seems to work ok, when I try to simultate, the results are not correct.

For example, I've created a symbol for a INA111 Instumentation amplifier, and then I've imported the spice model (attached) from Texas Instruments web page. So, when I simulate a simple circuit consist of a diferencial input with a gain of 2, the output shows me zero volts and all seems to be ok in the schematics.

Do I edit the .mod file to import it to multisim?

I hope you can help me.

Regards.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(5,043 Views)

Hi Pelicar,

I guess you have created a new component in Multisim using the Component Wizard (Tools>>Component Wizard) and the file that you have downloaded. If this is not the case, I would suggest opening the .MOD file with Microsoft Word in order to see the SPICE code clearer and paste this code in the Component Wizard. Here is a good tutorial on component creation: Creating a Custom Component in NI Multisim.

Hope this helps.

David Oña
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(4,980 Views)

Hi Pelicar,

It would be helpful if you could post a schematic with your INA111 component placed. That way we could pinpoint whether this is an issue with the component you created, or perhaps in the use of the component/surrounding circuitry.

There are already some INA111 components in the database (depending on the version of Multisim you have). If you want to update the model to be the Texas Instruments model, I suggest that you simply edit one of the existing components. There's a video tutorial here that might be helpful, which shows how to create a component using an existing component as a template.

Hope that helps!

Natasha

Natasha Baker
R&D Engineer
National Instruments

Join the NI Circuit Design Community
Follow Multisim on Twitter!
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(4,960 Views)

Hi all.

Finally I found the fault. I was making a mistake in the mapping of symbol pins to model nodes.

Thank's to everybody

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(4,942 Views)