From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Iges and 3D DXF export in the wrong units?

Hi,

For  a complex board, I've created a 3D DXF and Iges export, but when the customer imports the data, it seems to be in the wrong scaling.

I have all my settings in mm (I think) but the output in 3D DXF and Iges seems to be in mills (or micrometer?)

On the forum i found messages from 2007 concerning this issue, i guess it is solved by now?

I'm using ultiboard V10.1...

Can you tell me in what unit the files are exported, and with what scaling my customer should import this data?

Is there a way to convert this easily by myself?

Or is there a setting that I haven't found yet?

Best regards

stressed user

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,465 Views)

I believe this issue was fixed with v11.0 and is no longer an issue.

- Pat N

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,456 Views)

To resurect a thread, it is still an issue with V13.

I see no option to set iges export units.  My file headers say they are in microns.  When The ME's I send to open my files as inches then scale by 1000 they get true inches.  Doesn't sound like microns to me, even though that's the code in the iges file header.  Maybe they misunderstand what they are doing as they open my file?

In any case the iges units are not what I have UB set to operate in and there is no way to specify them I can see.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,034 Views)
dbur,

We will revisit to verify the unit designation.

Pat Noonan
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,029 Views)

Pat,

The issue still exists in V14 as well. Always exports as uM (9,2HUM in the header). Even after the header is changed to what it "should be" the dimensions are always off. The closest I have been able to get is 25.4x the actual size. I think this is a fundamental flaw as it removes a key feature (easy 3D export) that competitor products offer.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,655 Views)