From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can not open the multisim at all. I have vista and have downloaded the software five times. I've unzipped over twenty times and nothing happens after that! Not cool.

I downloaded the workbench, check marked the evaluation, unzipped and now it tells me the volume is incorrect.  The icon on my desktop does nothing.  I am afraid to buy this product, if I can not even check it out first.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,798 Views)

I am told that the NI circuit design suite has been installed, but it's nowhere to be found on my computer.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,796 Views)

In any case, I do apologize for the incovenience and here are my recommendations to resolve.  We have not seen any specific issues with the evaluation not installing/downloading.   Have you installed any other NI software or is this the first installation of any NI software?  Also which Multisim product were you installing - PRO, EDU or Student?

First, I would suggest checking whether the program appears under the Control Panel for currently installed programs?   Perhaps the first download was only partial (as evidenced by the volume error), which in turned created a partial installation and that has impacted the rest of the process.   Also the program will install under Program Files -> National Instruments -> Circuit Design Suite X.X ... 

Also, in the Add/Remove programs dialog, the installation will be found under "National Instruments Software" and clicking on this further - you will see NI Circuit Design Suite X.X...    If found, click on the selection and try "Remove" to uninstall the partial installation - and then reinstalling the software.

In parallel, you can setup a 1:1 dialog by emailing me directly with your contact information and we can setup a Service Request # to get you going with email/phone support:

Regards,

Pat Noonan

Business Development Manager

NI - Electronics Workbench Group

patrick.noonan@ni.com

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,783 Views)

Have you tried running the file as an administrator? that might be necessary.

When you download the Multisim Downloader, right click on the icon and select "run as Administrator", you will then get one of Windows' security prompts

That is one possible issue I have had with vista.

Ash Beigi
Academic Technical Sales Representative
National Instruments - Electronics Workbench Group
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,739 Views)

You may also want to go directly to the NI FTP site and download the entire package rather then using the installer.  You would still need to run as an administrator but at least you know you will have the full installation package.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,721 Views)