From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am missing some components in MultiSim Verson 10.1.1

Solved!
Go to solution

I am trying to do some school homework using MultiSim 10.1.1.  When I go into the parts, I am missing specifically 74LS283 4-bit Binary Adder IC.  There is no version of this in any of the families listed.  How do I update or inport updates for my database?

I am not the most computer literate, so please keep it simple in any explanations.  I thank anyone and everyone that can help ahead of time.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(7,299 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author JFFoster3

Hi,

You may have bought a Multisim Student Edition, but your school has the Education version and it is more expansive and has more features and components. I didn't check the Student Edition to see if this component is available, but if it is, you will find it by selecting Place>>Component, go to the "TTL" group and select the "74LS" family. If you don't see this component in your database, open the attached file, it has 74LS283 on the schematic and you can build your circuit around it.

Tien P.

National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(7,295 Views)

You were correct in that I have a student version of the software.  I am an instructor, but the school refuses to purchase an instructor version for us to use.  I used your attached file and copied the 74LS283 IC to my circuit and it works like a champ.  Thank you very much.  John Foster

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(7,290 Views)

sir iam missing some components in mutlisim 14.2 as i need IC7483 Component sir but it is not availabe in my mutlisim sir could you pls help mee its so urgent for mee as i have pratical sir

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,595 Views)