Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use pspice model instead of spic to create new component ?

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi , I need to create model to opa890 from TI but I didn't find spice model  I find pspice model how to use it to create new component.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(4,121 Views)

Hi,

Multisim supports most of PSPICE syntax, have a look at this tutorial to create a custom part:

http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/tut/p/id/3173

If you have any problems, let me know.

Tien P.

National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(4,106 Views)

I did it but this error appears when i try to simulate opa890 alone

------ Checking SPICE netlist for Design1 - Tuesday, May 17, 2011, 12:17:23 AM ------
SPICE Netlist Error in schematic RefDes 'u1', element 'xu1':  Invalid subckt definition name 'vcc'
SPICE Netlist Error in schematic RefDes 'u1', element '<unknown>':  Due to errors, the subckt instance 'xu1' has been omitted from the simulation
======= SPICE Netlist check completed, 2 error(s), 0 warning(s) =======

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(4,100 Views)

Hi Fouda,

Can you place the component that you created on a multisim blank page and then save and post the file. I want to take a look at your component.

Thanks.

Regards,

Tayyab R,
National Instruments.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(4,088 Views)

Hi Tayyab

This is the  component (opa890)  which I created and pspice model of it

thanks in advance

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(4,078 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author fouda

Hi Fouda,

I took a look at the component but for some reason, the pspice model did not get properly applied to the component. The second problem was that the pins were not mapped properly. I have made the component for you with the model and footprint and attached it to this post. You just need to add it to your database by right clicking the component and clicking Save component to DB.

Hopefully, you should start seeing the desired results from the component. Hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Regards,

Tayyab R,
National Instruments.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(4,067 Views)

thanks very much

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(4,062 Views)