Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to make high precision frequency measurement (10 digits) in multisim

I have a crystal compensation circuit that is pulling the frequency a few hertz off of 10 MHz that I think is working by power voltage and current measurements, but the built in probes and frequency counter does not seem to give enough resolution for a direct measurement.

-s

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(5,249 Views)

Hi Saw,

Change the TMAX setting and see if this will help, Simualte>>Interactive Simualtion Settings click "maximum time step" radio button and reduce the time step to 1e-6 or even smaller.

Tien P.

National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(5,237 Views)

thanks, and is there any way to have the step size large for a while until I get past initial conditions and then shrink down the max?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(5,233 Views)

There is no way to do this, once you change TMAX, that setting will apply to the rest of the simuation.  

Tien P.

National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(5,206 Views)

We are manufacturers of Induction Heating Equipment of various capacities and application like Shrink fitting, Soldering, Brazing, Cycle Fork Brazing, Annealing, Billet Heating, Upsetting, Hardening, etc and allied works since 1969 in Mumbai and at present in NASHIK, MH, INDIA.

We want to measure high drequency current and voltages in our High Frequency Resonant Inverter Circuit.

Kindly support.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,681 Views)

Hi yatininds,

Do you have something already implemented for this? or are you looking for some suggestions instead? I am not sure if I am following your question. 

Warm Regards, 

Regards,

Sil.VI
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,673 Views)