From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to export component user fields

I have two computers with Circuit Design Suite on which I work on designs depending on my location.  I keep the user database synced between the two (I don't use corporate database) but when I enter information in the User Fields of my components from the Master database it does not follow from one computer to the other.   Where is the component User Fields information stored for instances of things like standard resistors?  How do I carry these with my designs?  What if this information is different from design to design for components (both custom and standard)?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(5,193 Views)

Hello WPrather,

Just to check that I understand your question. You carry the User Database File from computer 1 to computer 2 (as mentioned in the User Database section of the document below)

"Understanding the NI Multisim Component and Simulation Database"
http://www.ni.com/white-paper/13003/en/

But the issue is that it does not carry the "User Fields" parameter with it. That means, that parameter is missing in computer 2 when the transfered User database is opened.

Is this the problem?

Thanks for clarifying.

Regards,

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(4,883 Views)

Thanks in advance for any help.

Clarification:  I keep my user database synchronized between my two computers.  Any custom parts that I make I place in my user database.  When working on my designs they usually contains some custom parts from my user database and some standard parts (e.g. resistors, capacitors) from the master database.  Once I have choosen the actual parts from Digi-Key I like to populate each of the component's user fields in the design with the part number and price information from my Digi-Key order.

Issue:  This user field information carries through to both computers if the component is a custom component from my user database.  If the component is a standard component from the master database the user fields information does not carry through to the other computer.

Question:  How/Where does MultiSim store the component user fields information?  How can I synchronize this information between my two computers? 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(4,875 Views)