Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to enable IV Analysor in NI ELVIS II schematic view of Multisim

Hi

as a part of experiment I need to connect a red LED to DMM Impedane Analyser of of ELVIS to observe the IV characteristics of LED.

so first I wanted to simulate it in multisim.In 3d view and schematic view of NI ELVIS 2 I connected LED to DUT+ and - but it doesnt work.in NI ELVIS I schematic view it is easily possible to enable IV Analyser and connect LED to current Hi and Lo but in NI ELVIS 2 view.would you please help me how can I enable IV analyser in NI ELVIS II schematic view ?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,667 Views)

Hi,

Not all the NI ELVISmx instruments can be used for simulation in the NI ELVIS II schematic (in fact, rows on the rails that are shown with green labels are not enabled for simulation). The Two-Wire Current-Voltage Analyzer (used to plot current-voltage curves) is one of them.

If you want to plot the IV curve for the LED, you can use the IV-Analysis instrument. It's located in the Instruments toolbar.

Regards,

Fernando D.
National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,649 Views)

Thanks for your help Fernando

so if I cennect LED to these 2 DMM pins as show in the attached picture  then connect a IV analyer instrument I don't get anything .is it right?

Also would you please help me how can I wmake connection to connect LED to a IV analyser instrument .I have connected like this but I dont get the answer I expected.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,640 Views)

Hi,

Double-click the IV-Analysis instrument to open its front panel, in the Components field select Diode, you will see a preview showing how to connect the diode to the instrument.

19977iE92526D5B81B0CC7

Regards,

Fernando D.
National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,621 Views)