From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Print/view Workbench Schem + PCB from old 2002 version

Solved!
Go to solution

I purchased electronic workbench back in 2002, I don't know which version it was though.

I can't find the software I purchased anywhere (was probably installed on an old PC), but I need to view and print out a project that I did of the schematic and PCB.

How can do this?

I would rather not have to spend more money in buying a new version just to print them out. Besides, I tried loading in the Schematic (.msm) file into the trial v14 of Multisim and it crashed very nicely. I read here (http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/E517B68A1CB7E74C86257B660037EC24) that in order to load a EWB 5 file (but again, I don't know which version I had), I need Multisim v11, but how do I get v11?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(3,509 Views)

Hi,

To access old version of the software you will require a standard service program from NI that grants you access to old software versions of national instruments. I am afraid that NI only has for download versions from the past 2 years. 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(3,473 Views)

You may be in luck.  I looked on my old computer and still have V11.  I had to re-activate it.  I was able to open an EWB file from 2000.

Another option is the Ver9 install eval, which I think allowed a full functional eval period of 30 days.  Is it permissible for me to give out that install file?  (200MB)

I should have EWB ver 6 somewhere but not sure if I can find it.  All my updates since then have been upgrades so I don't know if they'll install on their own.

If you want to send me the file I can try to open it on 11 and save it as ver 11.  Let me know.

Is there a backwards version compatibility list for all the versions somewhere?  It would be nice to know exactly what I need to do if I have to go back to open any old file, though it sounds like at least ver 11 can do it.

Message 3 of 9
(3,433 Views)

That would be awesome if you could open the attached schematic and save it as a more recent version!

Thank you 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(3,430 Views)

Here it is as original, ver 11.0.1 and ver 14.1

Message 5 of 9
(3,427 Views)

Excellent!

I just hope the trial version of MultiSim wont refuse to load this schem in because it has more then 50 components in it.

Thank you - Ill let you know...

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(3,424 Views)

Well, it did load in the trial/eval version, but when I try to print it, the print options are greyed out.

Could I ask for just one more favor if you could print this schematic out as a PDF file?

Once it's a PDF file, then I can make sharp copies of it.

Thanks for all your help!

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(3,423 Views)

Here you go..

Message 8 of 9
(3,418 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Techee

Thank you so much!

You saved me from a lot of headaches.

0 Kudos