Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you use the spectrum analyzer?

I can't answer your question about JFETs, but I can suggest the following resource:

http://newton.ex.ac.uk/teaching/CDHW/Electronics2/userguide/

You will see that the order of pins is D G S for JFETs at section 3.4.5.

The security copy is the file that is saved as a backup. In the case that Multisim crashes and your file is corrupted, you can restore the last working copy from the security file. To turn this feature on or off, click  Options>>Global Preferences and look on the Save tab.

----------
Yi
Software Developer
National Instruments - Electronics Workbench Group
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 26
(4,807 Views)

Thanks for that link!  I just bookmarked it.

Sidenote: I just added a little to the recent resistance-measurement help thread you responded to.  Note that the attachment includes my 'no parameter ignored string' JFET and 2n7000 MOSFET from the Master database.  I say this on the chance that you or someone else finds some flaw in that JFET model.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 26
(4,805 Views)
Thanks for your contribution. I think others will find it useful too.
----------
Yi
Software Developer
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 26
(4,798 Views)

It's just my way of saying thanks to the Multisim developers and the community.  I for one have found this forum to be priceless.  True, many who use it are still in school and want help with their homework, but some here aren't.  I for one find Multisim as a breadboard of sorts, a breadboard where I don't destroy the parts. 😉  ...in fact (see Lacy for details), I even forget I'm working with a simulator sometimes.

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 26
(4,792 Views)

Do you have any explanation for why the spurs go negative sometimes?  All I can think of is it might have to do with phase in some way??

What I've found is my harmonic magnitudes vary, and if I want to examine the magnitude of a harmonic relative to the fundamental, it is important that I stop the simulation on the most positive peak "variation."  Is there some way to hold the peak value of a spur?

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 26
(4,787 Views)

I don't know what you mean by spurs.

I may not be able to answer this question if its very technical.

----------
Yi
Software Developer
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 26
(4,785 Views)

anyone can help meI do not see the button of the spectrum analyzer

anyone can tell me what can I do or I did wrong?

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 26
(3,645 Views)

Hi,

Which version of Multisim are you using? If you are using either version 11 or 12, you should be able to see the button on the Instrument Toolbar on the right of your workspace. Please see the screenshot for the exact location. Spectrum Analyser

Derek Z.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 18 of 26
(3,639 Views)

Thanks derekdb, 

the cause of the problem was multisim's edition, this was base development.

I changed the version from base to power pro edition. I can see the spectrum analyzer's button.

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 26
(3,636 Views)

Your explanation on the use of spectrum analyzer is very useful to me. 

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 26
(3,472 Views)