Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hobbiest and Multisim

Hello everyone, I have been a long, long time admirer fo Electronics Workbench or multisim.  It is like dreaming of that 1968 Camero and not being able to afford it, now they have the 2011 Camero and I still can't afford it. The farthest I have ever gotten is the trial versions, lucky me it is like going to the showroom floor just to sit inside of my dream car.

1) There are tons of other spice driven programs out there but, I just happen to really like multisim, some of the others are free but my little brain just don't like there flow.  Will there ever be a hobbiest version of multisim???  I know I will never be able to afford the pro version.  And I am am way past the student version.  Maybe my kids can qualify but they don't have a credit card.

2) I just downloaded the free, Multisim component Evaluator v 11.0.1.0 -- I want to add some tube circuits, 12ax7, 6l6, EL34 kind of stuff.  Can I add these parts to this particular evaluator???  If so, could someone please give me just a rough flowchart, idea what I should be looking for or how to go about it.  Thank you very much for any help.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,889 Views)

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Multisim and I will past your comments to our marketing team, maybe they will decide to create a Hobbiest Edition in the future.

The Multisim Component Evaluator version was designed specifically for ADI so that their customers can test parts created by ADI. Unfortunately, that version doesn't allow you to create you own component. The only suggest I have it to use the Arbitrary SPICE Block that is located in the "Basic" group under the "Basic Virtual" family, this component allows you to create/import the SPICE netlist for simulation. You will be working in a text base instead of a graphic schematic, but you should still be able to use the SPICE engine from Multisim.

Tien P.

National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,866 Views)