Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Heatsink and film resistor combination part

I would like to incorporate the KK_V7235_H heatsink part with the 78MXXH voltage regulator part in Ultiboard 14.0.  Both parts lay flat on my PCB, heatsink first then the regulator on top.  However, I do not know how to combine both parts.  Currently when I place the regulator footprint (U4) on the heatsink footprint (U1), I receive the expected DRC error "Design rule error: Parts 'U1' and 'U4' are too close to or overlapping each other."  Is this related to the 3d aspect of the parts, because typically I get a pin overlap error (in which case the pin holes themselves would be red-circled.)  The red circle highlights a physical corner of the U4 footprint that overlaps U1.

Anyhow, does anyone know of a solution to this problem? Do I need to make one part that combines both footprints, or a thermal pad that just represents the part of the heatsink instead of the actual part?  I already created a Multisim custom part for the heatsink, so the two screw holes for each part are "connected" in that sense.

Thanks

-Anthony

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,454 Views)

you are right, it could be related to the 3D position, could you attach some pictures to see the type of error you are getting?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,389 Views)