Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Frequency analysis of decade counter in multisim

Hello,

For an electronics lab, I needed to generate a decade divider with an 80% duty cycle. This was accomplished by reproduceing the logic circuit illustrated in the figure below on a breadboard. Since the duty cycle is 80%, the frequency probe inserted at the output should show a frequency differing from 100 Hz based upon the 1 kHz input, such as it did in my lab session. 100 Hz should only be the output frequency when the duty cycle is 50% for the divider, which would be a different circuit. Is there a way for me to see the actual output frequency of my divider with another analysis tool? Furthermore, why is the probe tool incorrect in its representation of the output frequency?

Thanks,

Mike

Error_Decade_Counter.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(4,579 Views)

Hi Mike,

There is a way for you to calculate the frequency using the view graph option, If you go to "View" then "Grapher" you can have the data acquired and the calculate the frequency. I did the same configuration and it presents the same behavior on my side, sincerely I don't see anything wrong on it, the expected output is 100 Hz and it doesn't depend on the duty cycle.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(4,494 Views)