Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flip-flop not transferred to Ultiboard

Solved!
Go to solution

Unusual problem.  One of the components in a Multisim 9 schematic, a 74LS74, is not being transferred to Ultiboard.  It is dropped completely from the Ultiboard netlist, but does still appear in the Multisim netlist. The all too common message 'Virtual component not transferred', but there's no indication what component it's referring to.  The 74LS74 seems to be a real component in every other sense.  How can I fix this?  Thanks very much. jk

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,451 Views)

Hi there,

There's an easy way to find out which components in your circuit are virtual. Try this:

1. Open your design in Multisim
  2. Click Reports>>Bill of Materials
  3. Click on the button that is labeled Vir. This should display only the virtual components in your design.

Hope that helped.

----------
Yi
Software Developer
National Instruments - Electronics Workbench Group
Message 2 of 4
(3,435 Views)

I took a look at your design and I guess what I said earlier does not answer your question. To fix this problem, try this:

1. Click Options>>Global Preferences
  2. Click on the General tab
  3. Uncheck the Delete associated wires when deleting component checkbox.
  4. Click OK
  5. Delete your 74F74N component (U4A)
  6. Place a new 74F74N component from your database. Place it in the space that is left when you deleted the previous component.
  7. You can turn back on the option that you disabled in step 3

This looks like a problem with Multisim. Was this design created with an older version of Multisim? Do you remember how you created it?

Thanks.

----------
Yi
Software Developer
National Instruments - Electronics Workbench Group
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,428 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Musant

One of the other good guys there at NI made the following suggestion which happened to work beautifully:

Double click on the 74F74N select the "Variant" tab, under the "Status"
column, change the setting from Excluded to Include, I am not sure what
caused this problem,  I've modified the component and the file is attached.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,421 Views)