From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 2. Running command .\NI

Okay this is what we have found so far with the program,  The operating system were using is windows 7 professional this program will switch back and fourth from XP to professional depending upon the needs at any given time. I can design most any small schematic with multisims however when I get to the the seven segment design that I'm trying to design I continuity get booted out of the program.   I can not even run wires to make an attempt at doing a simulation before I get booted off. That means the program automatically shuts down and this error pops up (abc packaging error).  Also when we run the patch that is recommended that go's fine until we unzip it then we get this error. ( ERROR 2 RUNNING COMMAND .\NI).  And it takes 4 hours to down load the program which I think is excessive.  I have now failed one lab  because of this problem and I'm currently putting the word out not to buy this program until the proper repairs are made. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(4,110 Views)

Hello,

Could you please include the following additional info?

• What's your exact Multisim version? In Multisim go to Help>>About Multisim . The format is: 11.x.xxx 
  • Are you using the Student or the Education edition? 
  • Is this the first time that you install the software on your computer? 
  • Do you have an administrator account on your computer? 
  • You mentioned that there is circuit (seven segment) design that crashes Multisim, could you please attach the circuit? 

Regards,

Fernando D.
National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(4,086 Views)

The format is: 11.0(11.0.278)

Student edition

First time installing

Yes, I have an administrator account on my laptop

Dennis

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(4,077 Views)

Hi  Dennis,

Thanks for the info. I have been running different tests with your file but I couldn't reproduce the crash. Just in case, uninstall Multisim using the Windows Control Panel and then reinstall it.

Once that you have installed Multisim download and install this patch. This will update your version to 11.0.0.2 (11.0.458).

Let us know how this works.

Regards,

Fernando D.
National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(4,038 Views)

I took just a glance at your circuit and noticed that the 74LS40 NAND  gate IC appears to be wired up incorrectly. For example, one of the outputs, 1Y or 2Y (sorry I don't remember which), is connected to +5v. Probably causing your problem.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(4,024 Views)

I realize it's wired up incorrectly but I'm surprised this would cause the program to shut down.  How am I suppose to monkey around with the program and learn what works and what doesn't if this happens.  As a new student, this is how I learn, with trial and error.

I uninstalled and reinstalled as you recommended.  As part of loading Multisims, I'm told to: 

Instructions for Multisim installation

The Multisim installer request a hardware driver 'ELVISmx'. It adds additional functionality to the software, but it is not a requirement to successfully use the Multisim software. If you require this driver, please visit National Instruments web site.

When I download this driver, it says it successfully downloaded how ever many files but when I go to unzip them, I receive "Error 2".  Could this be part of the problem?

Dennis

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(4,019 Views)

Hello,

You don't need to install the ELVISmx software at this point, that is for users that have the NI ELVIS workstation. When you run the Multisim installer uncheck this option. Don't forget to install the 11.0.0.2 patch

Let me know if you have further questions.

Fernando D.
National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(4,000 Views)