From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drill Chart

Is there a way to automatically place the drill chart on one of the working layers within Ultiboard? I import a standardized fab format into my design, and need to place a drill chart on that format as part of creating a release drawing. It seems the only way to get a drill chart on the drawing is to manually create it. We don't want gerb files for fab drawings, we create pdf's for that purpose. Please advise.

Regards,

Steve H

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,458 Views)

He Steve,

Right now, the only place to export the drill chart is in the Gerber Export menu.  What you can do is export the drill table in the Gerber and then use Ultiboard Gerber viewer to open the Gerber file and then you should be able to print as a pdf.  I have added feature request to be able to export the drill file as a dxf.

Tien P.

National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,432 Views)

Thanks, that would help. NI should also consider making the dimensioning tool a bit more robust. Having the ability to add ordinate dimensions and labels would be nice!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,430 Views)

Since it has been 5 years since the original message posting, I'm wondering if Ultiboard 13.0 now has a direct way to place a Drill Legend (i.e. Drill Chart) on a Mechanical Layer (i.e. without exporting the Drill & Drill Symbols as a DXF first, and then importing the DXF into Ultiboard).  Please advise .....

Thanks,

~Allen

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,914 Views)

Another way is to print the drill file to a pdf printer.

Use a photo editing package to crop the legend from the file and save it as a PNG.  Then you can put it back in wherever you want it.  It won't update though if you change any drills.  You have to re-do it then.

If you have a dxf editor you can do it that way, but you know about that already.  Neither way gets it to auto update.

An automatic self updating drill Legend tool that places the table where you want would be nice and would save me some steps on every board I do.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,901 Views)