Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drawing long STRAIGHT traces in Ultiboard??

Solved!
Go to solution

In other programs while drawing long traces I have been able to hold shift, or another key and that forces the trace I'm drawing to be straight. I haven't had luck finding that ability in Ultiboard and I assume it's available. Anyone out there that can offer help or a work around is much appreciated.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,741 Views)

Hi!

What do you mean by force the trace you're drawing to be straight? How does ultiboard is acting differently from that?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,706 Views)

With laying out long traces I need to scroll down or up and when placing the trace I'll scroll back up and find there is a kink in it, or a slight bend because I didn't scroll down exactly perfect. In other programs (Visio, other cad programs) you can simply hold a button while scrolling and it'll ensure that no matter what, that line is going to be straight when you place it without a kink. 

I was hoping this was a short-key that I just hadn't found yet in Ultiboard.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,703 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author rkmadse

You can ensure no kinks when the "Orthogonal" or "45-degree" line modes are activated. In my case, I only get kinks when "Any angle" line mode is active. take a look at the following document:

Placing a Trace at Any Angle in NI Ultiboard: http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/9DC51A7C124F06D8862579EA00489F81

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,692 Views)