Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Diac,Triac and SCR not working properly in Multisim 10.0

Solved!
Go to solution

Not getting the actual response or have a problem to turn ONN the Diac,Triac and SCR.

And how can i get the SCS symbol for Multisim 10.0?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(11,257 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Noman Kiyani

Hi,

Can you post the circuit file you created, maybe we can find the problem if we look at your circuit.

If you want to create the SCS symbol, place a SCR on the work area, double click on it and click on Edit Component in db>>Symbol>>Edit, you should be in the Symbol Editor and in here you can draw anything you want.  Once you finished drawing the symbol select File>>Exit to get out of the Symbol Editor.  Select the General, Model and Footprint tab, make any necessary changes to this component and then click on the OK button to save this part to your database.

For a complete component creation tutorial you can have a look at this link:

http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/tut/p/id/3173

Tien P.

National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(11,241 Views)

Plz consider this Fan controlling circuit and trouble shoot it if possible.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(11,198 Views)

Please consider the my circuit of Fan controlling By using DIAC and TRIAC.If possible trouble shoot it.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(11,197 Views)

Hi Norman,

I assume you are having convergence error and in this case, you can change the following settings and your circuit should simulate. From the main menu select Simulate>>Interactive Simulation:

1.  Under the "Default for Transient Analysis Instruments" tab, click on the drop down menu under "Initial Condition" and select "Set to zero".

2.  For "Tmax" change the setting from 1e-5 sec to 0.0001

3.  Click the "Analysis Options" tab, then "Customize" button, under "Transient" tab, change " the method to "Gear".

Tien P.

National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(11,140 Views)

Plz guide me that how can i can get the transcient response of the snubber ckts of SCR??.And how I can generate the impulsive source for transcient?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(11,038 Views)