Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Default circuit restriction password

NI Multisim Student Edition 14 comes with "Educational Sample Circuits" > "Troubleshooting Circuits".  These use a circuit restriction password.  Does anybody know what the password is?  It's not "Rodney", I tried that.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(5,555 Views)

Hello Matt,

It seems like you are trying to open a circuit provided by a professor. Is this the case? Multisim Education Edition provides educators with the possibility to password protect circuits in order to hide some functionality details. Please refer to this and this.

"Rodney" is just the default password, but if it has changed, we don't really have a way to find out what the new password is.

Camilo V.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(5,517 Views)

These are sample circuits provided as part of the download of NI Multisim 14.0, not circuits downloaded from a 3rd party.  They are opened when one clicks on

File > Open Samples > Educational Sample Circuits > Troubleshooting Circuits > Troubleshooting1.ms14 or Troubleshooting2.ms14 or Troubleshooting3.ms14.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(5,497 Views)

Hello Matt,

Sorry about the misunderstanding.

I just made a fresh Multisim Student Edition install and I was able to open the sample circuits with no issues.

Is yours a fresh install as well?

When exactly are you prompted for the password?

What about the other sample folders? Are the circuits in those also protected? (Applications Circuits, Digital Circuits, Miscellaneous, etc)

Is it possible for you try reinstall the software or install it in other computer to see if the behavior is consistent?

Camilo V.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(5,450 Views)

Hello Camilo,

Yes it is a fresh install.  I do not have any problems opening any of the sample circuits.  They are not password protected.

For the 3 sample circuits previously described I am presented with the password prompt after the circuit is already open, when I go to Options > Circuit Restrictions. 

Matt

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(5,441 Views)

Hello Matt,

I understand the problem now. I did some research about this and part of the idea of those examples is precisely 'showcase' the password functionality teachers can use so that students have to do the troubleshooting without being able to double-click the components to know the values. That is the reason only the Troubleshooting Sample Circuits have a password, but the password itself is not meant to be released and that's why it was not included in any public document.

Unfortunately, I am unable to provide the password to you.

Camilo V.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(5,428 Views)