From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DC sweep with the start value being lower than the stop value

Good day,

I'm trying to DC sweep analysis where there is an hysteresis. So what I would like to do is to confirm the hysteresis by increasing the DC value from A to B, then decrease it from B to A. Or two analysis, one by incrementing the DC source value from A to B and a second where the value starts high and ends low.  

waiting for your kind reply,

Talal

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,455 Views)

Hi Talal,

What sort of hardware are you using to perform this change? Can you share all possible information on your project (What SW version, what you've written so far, any HW components that you plan to use)

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,402 Views)

I'm sorry but I do not see why would you need to know all this information, I don't mind to share it (see attachment, using NI-Multisim 14), but I don't see that it will help. my question is, is there a way to DC sweep increasing then decreasing? this is to test any type of circuit. For now, I'm using PWL voltage, but this is time-based, so I set the voltage at t=0 to be 0v then, t=100ms to be 40V, at t=200ms V=0. this works but I prefer to not have time involved in the simulation. 

kind regards,

Talal 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,395 Views)

Have you try to use the steps that are explained in this document? http://www.ni.com/tutorial/12781/en/

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,383 Views)

Hello,

I know how to use the DC sweep, but,... I want to do a sweep where the voltage increase and decrease! the document that you pointed does not help me.

Thank you anyway,

kind regards,

Talal

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,381 Views)

I know this in not multisim, but it can give you a guide on how to do it. 

http://spiceguy.net/hysteresis.htm

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,366 Views)