Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating a new component with many .subckt

Hi,

I am trying to create a component for LVDS driver (DS90LV001). No spice model is available for any LVDS IC of any manufacturer. So I downloaded the IBIS file and converted it to .lib file, which has 4 subckts. Now, when I try to load that file in Component Wizard, it  asks me to make the other subckts as dependent. In the Multisim help, the suggested solution is to write ''.ENDS'' for all subckts at the end. I tried that but still there are some errors. Could you please guide me on what changes should I further make to successfully create this component. I am attaching the text file which contains the spice model. Thanking you.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(4,245 Views)

Hi hetashri,

What tool did you use to convert the IBIS model to SPICE?

It appears that the model you attached contains internal SPICE models that are custom to another tool and not supported by Multisim. Unfortunately, this model won't work as is in Multisim. 

Regards,

Jeff

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(4,078 Views)

I am having the same problem: I try to model tubes using Koren's library, and I have tried everything, read a lot, but it is still not working. I had to include TRIODE sub circuit like this (as suggested by Multisim wizzard):

.SUBCKT 12AT6 1 2 3 ; A G C (Triode) AKA ECC81
* Tom Mitchell
X1 TRD 1 2 3 MU=67.49 EX=1.234 KG1=419.1 KP=213.96 KVB= 300.0 VCT=0.00 RGI=2000 CCG=2.3P CGP=2.2P CCP=1.0P ; ADD .7PF TO ADJACENT PINS; .5 TO OTHERS.
.SUBCKT 1 2 3 TRIODE ; A G C
.MODEL DX D(IS=1N RS=1 CJO=10PF TT=1N) ; diode used by the Triode, Pentode Beam Tetrode models
E1 7 0 VALUE={V(1,3)/KP*LOG(1+EXP(KP*(1/MU+(V(2,3)+VCT)/SQRT(KVB+V(1,3)*V(1,3)))))}
RE1 7 0 1G
G1 1 3 VALUE={(PWR(V(7,0),EX)+PWRS(V(7,0),EX))/KG1}
RCP 1 3 1G ; TO AVOID FLOATING NODES IN MU-FOLLOWER
C1 2 3 {CCG} ; CATHODE-GRID
C2 2 1 {CGP} ; GRID=PLATE
C3 1 3 {CCP} ; CATHODE-PLATE
D3 5 3 DX ; FOR GRID CURRENT
R1 2 5 {RGI} ; FOR GRID CURRENT
.ENDS TRIODE

.ENDS 12AT6

But whatever I try I always get those errors in Multisim: 

------ Checking SPICE netlist for Design1 - 11. maj 2017, 12:29:04 ------
SPICE Netlist Error in schematic RefDes 'u1', element 'x1': Missing subckt definition name
SPICE Netlist Error in schematic RefDes 'u1', element '12a__tubes__1__1': Due to errors, the subckt instance 'x1' will be omitted from the simulation
======= SPICE Netlist check completed, 2 error(s), 0 warning(s) =======

Also, I am having errors due to log() statement, it says it should be ln().

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,676 Views)