Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Corrupt Installation and Reinstallation does Nothing

Solved!
Go to solution

I tried installing the circuit design suite on a different partition on my Windows 10 laptop. Installation was succesful, but upon trying to run multisim, an error message telling me it was corrupt and to reinstall appeared. I uninstalled through the control panel program but it notified me that it didn't uninstall correctly. Now, when I try to install it, it says its already there and nothing actually installs and there's no program files directory. I tried manually deleting files, but nothing changed.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(5,148 Views)

Hello,

Usually is recommended to run a registry cleaner software, however this is usually very delicate and you can corrupt your system if it is not done properly. If you have run several installation, repairs and uninstallation process; is probable that your OS registers are corrupted.

Removing the files manually is not a good idea since usually the software install a lot of things in different directories of the Program Files directory. I remember that I used ccleaner once to clean the registry, if this not work. Probably a Windows 10 reinstallation or repair could be required.

Can you attach a picture of the uninstall error?

Randy @Rscd27@
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(5,104 Views)

Hi,

I ran Ccleaner, but was met with no luck. Unfortunately, I can't post the error message since it only came up once, and I forgot to screenshot it. After I uninstalled using the control panel once, control panel asked me if I wanted to remove national instruments as a "program" in the add or remove programs dialog, and I said "yes".

However, I can tell you this:

After unsuccesful installation, I deleted all the files from the partition I initially installed the software on (I don't remember exactly what was and what wasn't there). Then, I "reinstalled" using default directory settings but nothing really installed, except for the "shared" directory in program files. The x86 program files national instruments directory didn't even exist. I tried deleting all traces of the program (appdata, etc.) but one .dll file remains. I also ran "sfc /scannow" from the command prompt, but "no integrity violations exist". What are my options at this point? Is there some way I can download an original uninstaller and get rid of what (should?) be gone?

Can't Delete.png

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(5,086 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author syedm101

I've managed to solve the problem by forcing a reinstall. See the link below. I just wish this link was more visible, or NI actually reinstalled in default or offered a UI button to do so.

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/ADD22E807D5A12AD862579EC00760F79?OpenDocument

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(5,061 Views)

I am glad to hear that! (Y)

Randy @Rscd27@
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(5,045 Views)