From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Convergence error using custom SPICE model

Hey there!

I've been having some problems during a simulation (circuit attached). At first I was using a PMOS from the default library to make a quick test and everything was working just fine.

Later I decided to make the same simulation but with the real PMOS I intend to use, so I downloaded the SPICE model (also attached) from the manufacturer and created a new component. The first issue I was facing is that this model has 4 pins (instead of the standard 3 pin model that is described in the datasheet), so I just erased this extra pin and every mention of it in the code and carried on creating the component.

The problem is now, every time I try to simulate, I get a "Convergence Error" which I have not been able to solve. Does anyone have any insights that might be useful?

Thanks in advance

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,255 Views)

Circuit errors or unrealistic modeling parameters can often cause convergence problems.  In addition the default simulation options sometimes can be modified for better convergence.  Here is a tip sheet for modifying some parameters that has helped me in numerous occasions.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,211 Views)