cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change footprint for fuse in Multisim?

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello Guys,

I encountered a problem when using the Multisim and Ultiboard (Version 10.1), i'm using a fuse in the circuit, but the footprint can't be changed, when doing a forward annotation to ultiboard, i always need to change the footprint of the fuse. Do anyone has a solution on this issue?

Thanks,

Toni

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(6,003 Views)

Hi Toni,

Could you provide some more information, such as the exact fuse in the database that you're attempting to use? Is the issue that you're not allowed to change/add a footprint to this fuse in Multisim? Or that it is not being transferred properly to Ultiboard?

Thanks,

Natasha

Natasha Baker
R&D Engineer
National Instruments

Join the NI Circuit Design Community
Follow Multisim on Twitter!
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(5,977 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author stop

Hi Toni,

Have you tried modifying the footprint in the spreadsheet view? Try doing this:

1. Make sure that the spreadsheet view is visible in Multisim. Click View>>Spreadsheet View. By default, the Spreadsheet View is at the bottom of Multisim.
  2. Click on the Components tab of the Spreadsheet View
  3. Click on the Footprint tab of the fuse you want to modify
  4. The Edit Footprint window should appear and you should be able to modify your footprint

If that doesn't work, would you mind uploading your Multisim design for us to take a look at?

Hope that helps.

----------
Yi
Software Developer
National Instruments - Electronics Workbench Group
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(5,976 Views)

Hello Natasha,

Thanks for providing me your help, i'm using a 50mA Fuse in the master database and I can only use the software recommended, and now I succeed changing the footprint to a customized shape following Yi's suggestion.

Regards

Toni

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(5,944 Views)

Thank you, Yi.

Now i get it.

Regards

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(5,942 Views)

You are very welcome!

----------
Yi
Software Developer
National Instruments - Electronics Workbench Group
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(5,930 Views)

I have the same issue in Multisim 11.  I need to change the fuse footprint,  Why does this have to be more complicated than changing a footprint for any other part? (I love Ultiboard, but Multisim has some serious issues, like how difficult to search for parts when trying to replace component, terrible symbol editor, etc but thats a story for another day)

In my case, there is no "components tab" in spreadsheet view.  What do I do now?  I need to replace this fuse to "clean up my design".  Its annoying that this is the only component on my artwork that does not forward annotate properly and I have to change the model everytime I tranfer the netlist file.

Help!

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(5,229 Views)