Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't change pin mapping of a capacitor in multisim

I have an annoying problem in that all the eletrolytic capacitor footprints in the database seem to have their pins mapped to the opposite pin in the symbol, i.e.

1              2

2              1

The problem arises when you transfer the schematic to Ultiboard and the only way I can make ultiboard connect the capacitor properly is to reverse the connections of the electrolytic capacitor in multisim, i.e.

+             GND

-              Vcc

And there seems to be no way of changing the pin mapping in multisim. You can go to 'edit footprint' and go throug the motions of changing the pin mapping. But as soon as you close the dialog box and then go back into to 'edit footprint' the previous reveresed pin mapping is back.

How do you fix this extremely irritating problem?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(4,560 Views)

Hi,

This reply is almost the same as the one on this item:

http://forums.ni.com/t5/Circuit-Design-Suite/Update-footprint-of-already-placed-components/td-p/3145...

Normally you can not edit the master database...

You can open the part in the master database, and save it to your user database,

YOU MUST USE THE SAME FOOTPRINT NAME.

In you user database you can now change the footprint pin names (properties)

save it after you're done and keep the same footprint name

next do a footprint update: Tools/Update shapes

when Ultiboard updates its shapes , it looks in the User database first, and afterwards in the master database.

So if you kept the same name, your shape will be updated to the one you changed.

Now your polarity should be OK

succes!

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(4,547 Views)