From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't Install either Multisim or Labview any version, always get same error.

Solved!
Go to solution

Currently I get this error message on both of these applications. Would greatly appreciate if there's an answer. Currently using Windows 7 x64, Tried 64-bit versions of the applications and still I get the error. Thanks.

Error.png

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(4,000 Views)

Hi George,

Can you please check if you have logged in as an administrator to the computer? If you haven't please do the installation again and if you still see the error if it is possible for you try installing it on another computer. Please let me know if you made any progress in the installation.If you did not please also send the installation log file.Here is the link that shows how to find NI Installation Log Files.

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/ACAA8550534EA407862574B80074DEDF?OpenDocument

Regards,

Leila Feyz

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,990 Views)

I'm the administrator of the computer. Here is the log file you asked for. Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,983 Views)

I could install it in a virtual XP in the same computer. But it's not practical.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,983 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author George Eugene

George,

Thank you for the file and the update. I will work on the log file to find out more about the problem . Can you please also verify for me that does the 

C:\Users\Public exists on your computer? Take a look at this KB. Although it is for VISTA it might help you.

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/24E09BDC314EB93A8625758D004ECBC6

Regards,

Leila Feyz

National Instruments

Message 5 of 7
(3,968 Views)

Precisely, it worked. There was a folder missing inside public folder, it's name should be "Documents" and it wasn't created at the install of Windows. Thanks for everything.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,961 Views)

George,

I'm glad it worked.Thank you for letting me know.

Regards,

Leila Feyz

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,947 Views)