From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can anyone help me simulate this AC circuit?

It's located under 5.8 (of the last page). I believe I set it up properly. I'm not sure how to deal with the AC Voltage source.
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(5,475 Views)

Wait...I figured it out. The ground at the end of the circuit messed everything up. These are voltage output and input that I got. I'm not sure how I'm suppossed to change the argument of the AC source voltage. 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(5,474 Views)

It would seem that the argument that you have to change of the AC power source would simply be the phase of the source. What exactly is your doubt regarding this?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(5,437 Views)
So I would simply have to add a "+90" degrees to the phase angle? I believe Multisim uses a sine wave instead of a cosine wave for the sinusoid AC source. I'm not sure how this would affect the phase difference between the input and output voltages. Would it actually do anything?
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(5,428 Views)

A 90 degree phase shift would work result in a cosine wave as you mentioned. I don't understand what is your concern in relation to how the output, it is going to be affected since the source signal is changing, but that is to be expected.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(5,411 Views)