From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Building very large parts

I have an FPGA with over 600 pins that I'll need a part(s) for.  I plan to make it a multisection part that will need to span several pages in MS.  Are there any tricks to getting all the pins labeled and connected to the footprint

pins?  I have been somewhat frustrated with the 'Map pins' function.  There doesn't seem to be any way to mass name pins or place pins other than one by one, even if they are sequential.

Any advice?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,562 Views)

dbur,

Yes - the mapping tool is not ideal for very large parts (connectors, FPGAs, etc...) also the default 1:1 symbol to pin mapping was taken out in v11 for unknown reasons so its currently tedious for large parts.  There is an active request to get this updated within the tool but the exact timeline is unknown.  However, I may have something to help you that I did in v10, but it needs some updating for v11. 

Please send me an email and I will give you the details.   Also I want to get an update on how your other issues are being addressed.

Regards,

Pat Noonan

National Instruments

patrick.noonan@ni.com

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,539 Views)