From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bede Plotter in Voltage to Current Converter

Hello everyone

I have a problem with drawing the Bode characteristics of the system, which is a voltage-to-current converter. The problem is that the output voltage of the circuit is lower than the input voltage. How I should plot characteristics for this system to check the stability of the feedback loop? File in attachment.

Thank You for advice.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,610 Views)

Bode plot is just a comparison of the output to the input AC (pure harmonic) voltage - you plot the phase difference and the attenuation/amplification. What problems do you experience with this plot? The example that you attached is working, and using the XBP1 I am able to plot the characteristics:

Grapher View.png

If the output V is lower, the the Gain will be negative (in terms of dB). No problem with that. 

The feedback loop is not stable or unstable... The whole system needs to be stable or no... I recommend to have a look on some definitions of stability and then ask more questions, if something is not clear... We are here to help 🙂 but mainly with NI products, not with basics electronics theory. This is just possible when there is some bandwidth for that 😉

Jozef Lipták
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,549 Views)