From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding tube models to multisim

I cannot find the folder where you can add spice models to the Multisim student edition. When I was using the trial version, I was able to just copy a folder that had spice info for different tubes into the Multisim file that holds all of the models. I can't seem to find it in the student edition. How do I go about doing this?  Thank you for any help.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(4,580 Views)

PLease?!!!

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(4,554 Views)

What component are you looking for? I can upload it for you.

The SPICE model you need is likely on the web, Google part number + SPICE and when you find the model create your own component.  If you don't know how to do this, refer to this tutorial:

http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/tut/p/id/3173

Tien P.

National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(4,551 Views)

I was hoping I didn't have to go through all of that. When I used the trial version at school, we simply downloaded a spice model and copied it into the multisim file that holds all of the models. I was then able to access it and use it to build a circuit. Is this not possible with the student edition? I primarliy work with tube amplifiers, and after purchasing the student edition was sad to see that there are only a few tubes. I would hate do have to go through all of that for every tube I need to use.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(4,549 Views)

The Student Edition have fewer components than the Education Edition and unfortunately, you have to add the model.

Tien P.

National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(4,546 Views)

That is very sad news....Thanks for your help. I'm sure I'll be back when I get to trying to add components!!

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(4,536 Views)