Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AC Table Properties

Hello,

I am a student attempting to learn multisim and I experience some trouble converting one of my problems into a format that multsim will understand. The question simply wants me to find nodal voltages on an RLC  AC circuit.

The current source is given as i=6cos(200t+15).

I understand that the magnitude will be 6, but from there I do not understand how else to fill the table properties and I am not one hounded percent for sure what current source to use.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,473 Views)

Which is the current source that you are using? can you send an screenshot of the table properties

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,403 Views)

Dear Chad2323

The source that you should use is the AC-Current located in the signal current sources group of the Power Tools.

ac-current.png

Next, capture the parameters of this source as follows:

current_parameters.png

you are able to see that current peak is 6 A, frequency is 200/(2*pi)=31.83 Hz, and finally, phase is 15°, i am assuming that phase is given in degrees but it is posible that your phase, for the signal, is in radian so, you should to convert properly.

Finally, I recommend you to include voltaje markers and run a single frequency AC analysis, in this way the result will be a table with the real and imaginary partof the voltaje for each node, with proper conversión you would be able to convert this results in magnitud and phase for all nodal voltaje.

Good luck

JL  

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,356 Views)