Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

74LS283 not working

Hi

I am running MultiSim13.0.1. So, I needed a 4-bit adder and I downloaded it from here.. http://forums.ni.com/t5/Circuit-Design-Suite/I-am-missing-some-components-in-MultiSim-Verson-10-1-1/...

So, when I used it in my circuit, the output was the exact complement of what was expected. I made a new test circuit using the adder and it was working fine. Then I pasted that test configuration in my circuit and still the compliment result. I deleted everything except the test circuit from it and still the compliment result. Finally I tried to copy paste what was left in a new blank design and it is working fine.

So, the design I am attaching gives the wrong result and when I copy paste it exactly same to a new blank design it works as it should. Any help is appreciated.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(4,863 Views)

Hello kushgpt23,

I tried runing the diagram that you posted and it ran without prmpting any error. I  also tried copying it and pasting it in a new blank page but it worked just the same.

Could you please clarify what is exactly the "wrong" and "right" behavior that we should expect to observe?

Regards!

Daniel C.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(4,762 Views)

Sorry I posted the wrong file. The right onw is attached herewith.

The "wrong" result I am getting is the complement of what the result should be. My adder (there is only 1 instance in this circuit)  inputs are 1000 and 0X00 where X is a periodic wave. So, my output should be 1X00 but I am getting 0(~X)11.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(4,755 Views)