From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

12 pin component

Hi,

I am trying to creat a custom component for a 12 pin power amp (PA107) but I get a rectangle looking in Multisim. How I can creat a triangle symbol for my amp similar to the datasheet?

Thanks

Navid

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(4,165 Views)

Hello Navid,

You need to select the right footprint when you create the part. Since the part is already created, this article will guide on how to change it.

For future reference, please follow this tutorial while creating custom components. Step 2 is precisely the footprint selection and step 3 the symbol edition. In step 3 you can choose to create a symbol or to copy one from the database, which is usually faster.

Something to consider is that the amplifier symbol s a triangle for the ANSI standard but a rectangle for the IEC. Please see this article and verify the ANSI standard is selected by default. I don't think the setting is set to IEC as all the amplifiers will look like a rectangle, but I still wanted to share the article with you. If the setting is actually wrong, set it to ANSI, click OK and go to Tools > Update Components and click the Update button.

I hope you find the information useful.

Camilo V.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(4,097 Views)