From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multisim and Ultiboard Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
0 Kudos
DrNo

Make "MultSim Live" a part of any electronics textbook (maybe with "mini-subscriptions")

Hello,

I am a noob in electronics and are following along one the popular
books: "Make:Electronics", but this idea is applicable for any textbook in electronics.

make1.jpg

Besides actually "breadboarding" the exercises in the book,  i would like to simulate them to get the hang of that side of things also, and after a lot of research, the web interface of "MultiSim Live" seem to be the perfect alternative.

In my case because the "2N6027" PUT component is missing from most competitors, but exist in Multisim Live Premium, and many excercises in the book depend on it.

Here is the idea:

Would it not be nice if the author could create a temporary subscription in Multisim Live for its subscribers, where only the components in the book are included?

The subscriber would still have to pay for it, but for a much smaller price, since it is only make sense if you have the book.

Pros:

- Multisim Live would get great advertisment since the product is referred to throughout the book.

- Beginners like me would not have to worry that we dont find the correct components , since they are listed when you login to multisim with this special subscription package.

- Of course, the author could have pre-made excercises in Multisim live to drive home points

- The opportunities for converting these subscribers to premium subscribers would be endless

Cons:

Absolutely zero

Please NI make this happen, its a no-brainer 🙂

make2.jpg