Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

which pins we can use for getting clock and change detection

hello every one,

we have DAQ 6343 USB,Now I want to get clock from outside hardware and simultaneouslly I have to read data during high logic level only. so I am using change detection.Now i have to decide which pins i can use for it.one of my colleage told me that you can not decide it randomlly,So i am little confused.So plz helpme out.

Thanks & regards,

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(4,275 Views)

What's generally true is that multifunction boards that support hardware timing for digital acquistion will support that feature on the port 0 lines.  These will be designated in the pinouts you find in MAX as P0.0, P0.1, etc. to represent Port 0 Line 0, Port 0 Line 1, etc.

Change detection is one of the kinds of hardware timing that your X-series board will support, but you'll need to bring the signal in to one of the port 0 lines as your colleague alluded to.

Understand that sampling based on change detection will occur immediately after the digital transition you specify (probably rising edge).  If you need to delay your sampling until a little further into the high time of the external signal, as you might need in a stimulus-response characterization, there are some further things you can do by setting up a retriggerable pulse with one of your board's counters.  I won't go into it yet because I'm short on time now and you may not need it anyway.

-Kevin P

CAUTION! New LabVIEW adopters -- it's too late for me, but you *can* save yourself. The new subscription policy for LabVIEW puts NI's hand in your wallet for the rest of your working life. Are you sure you're *that* dedicated to LabVIEW? (Summary of my reasons in this post, part of a voluminous thread of mostly complaints starting here).
Message 2 of 6
(4,260 Views)

hello kevin P....

I think port 0 is not usefull for my task.. I need PFi pins(i guess)... so according to my board give me advise..

thanks in advance...

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(4,214 Views)

@d_2014 wrote:

I have to read data during high logic level only. so I am using change detection.

You might be referring to a "pause trigger" in which case you could use any available PFI line for this:

370784f (2).png

If you really do need "change detection" then this is only available on port 0 like Kevin said.

Best Regards,

John Passiak
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(4,194 Views)

hello,

I not want to do chage detection. I want to read data on ON duration of pulse and i am reading data on external clock pulse. that is my application.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(4,114 Views)

Configure a Pause Trigger like I mentioned before.

Best Regards,

John Passiak
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(4,109 Views)