Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

where could I find some vi's that work under rtlinux and labview

I want to make a real-time application (analog and digital acquisition) with labview under rtlinux. I use a powerdaq board from UEI. I need some examples, different vis (I know for example lvrtl) to start this work.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,402 Views)
Hello Lineas,

There is currently no LabVIEW RTmodule available for Linux, only Windows and Mac OS X. This means that you cannot develop your RT application on a Linux computer, but you do have options for communicating with the deployed application.

You have always had the ability to create custom communication VIs to communicate from the Host PC to the RT Target. In LabVIEW RT 7.0, we added the RT Communication Wizard, which can create the RT communications VI and the Host PC communication VI automatically. This makes it easy to delpoy the system with optimized communications.

Once the RT Communication Wizard has created the Host PC communication VI, you can simply transfer that VI to the Linux computer. The basic TCP/IP functions used by the communicat
ion VI are the same on all supported platforms, and will work on Linux without modification. So, even though you cannot currently develop your LabVIEW Real-Time application on a Linux platform, you can develop for deployment to a Linux system.

I hope that my answer will help you to advance in your project

Best Regards,

Sanaa T
National Instruments
Message 2 of 2
(2,402 Views)