Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

waveform timestamp doesn't seem to be getting saved with tdms file when viewing data with tdms file viewer

Hello,

I am having issues with saving a waveform coming directy out of the daqmx read 1D waveform vi to the tdms file write vi.  I have physically confirmed that the data going into the tdms file write vi has a valid t0 and dt as well as the dbl data going into the vi.  The problem is when I open the file with the tdms file viewer vi supplied in the tdms file library these items default to a dt of 1.0000 and with a timestamp of the beginning of time, I can't remember the exact month and date, but it's year 1903.  I don't seem to have a problem if I manually generate a waveform datatype by providing a system time and dt, only when using data coming directly from the DAQmx read waveform vi.  Any Idea's?

Thanks,

Wade

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,797 Views)

Hi Wade,

Can you check your VI whether t0 and dt are written to an existing channel or not? If the channel exists, can you provide the VI that writes the .tdms file? So that I can have some further research on it.

Thanks,

Xiaowei

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,753 Views)