From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

usb-4065 softpanel issue

Solved!
Go to solution

i just installed all the drivers for the USB-4065 DMM, but when i boot up the soft panel error messages popup saying

"Labview: Resource not not found.

nimaglvu.dll

An error occurred loading VI 'maglvHashDelete.vi' " and other vi's with this sam dll error

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(4,270 Views)

Hello,

When you say 'all the drivers' what drivers are you talking about?  Have you tried repairing the DMM driver?  What version of NI DMM did you download?  What is your OS version and other versions, such as LabVIEW, are you using?

Thanks,

Jonathan R.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(4,226 Views)
Solution
Accepted by Ccyclone128a

i recently just uninstalled all NI software and re-installed my (NI-VISA 15.5 + NI-DMM 15.2) and now it is functional thanks.

As for the Labview i'm using 2015.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(4,181 Views)
Solution
Accepted by Ccyclone128a

Great to hear.  If this forum is resolved please label it so.  As for future reference if you need to troubleshoot such issue it is a good idea to first try to repair the drivers/software in question.  If that doesn't work then a force reinstall instead of an uninstall and reinstall is more ideal so you can minimize registry corruption, it will be faster, and tends to patch over issues from the original install:

How to Uninstall or Repair

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/AC6ED75D3D93375686256E8E00245F0D

Force Reinstall NI Software

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/ADD22E807D5A12AD862579EC00760F79

Thanks,

Jonathan R.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(4,168 Views)

Jonathan,

I too am having a soft panel issue with a usb-4065.  

Setup:

I've downloaded and installed NIDMM1750.exe onto a windows 10 laptop...during install I've selected all support features.  There are no other NI applications installed on this laptop. 

Issue:

After install and reboot and updates, I plug in the usb-4065.  The windows task bar notification informs me that it have installed the drivers and is ready to use.  I can run NI MAX and the usb-4065 shows up under "Devices and Interfaces".  Both the "Reset" and "Self-Test" functions come back with a success notification.  When I try to open the Test Panel from NI MAX, I get the following error:NIDMM.png

However, if I open the Windows Start menu and select NI-DMM Soft Front Panel it works perfectly.

NI-DMM.png

On my LabView development system the soft panel works from NI MAX.  On my PXIe systems, the soft panel works from NI MAX. 

Is there a specific reason I cannot launch the usb-4065 soft panel from NI MAX on this Window10 laptop? 

Please let me know what process I need to go through to allow the soft panel to launch from NI MAX when installing NIDMM1750.exe on a clean WIN10 laptop.

Thank you for your time.

Regards,

Danny W

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,961 Views)

Hi Danny,

First, this post is around 2 years old so I would recommend creating another request and reference to this one so it can get more views.

Second, have you tried to force reinstall the software like Jonathan suggested?

Lastly, I might try to reset the MAX database.

Hopefully one of those steps works, but again I would still recommend creating another post so it can get more views.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,932 Views)