Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

touchpanel usage with cDAQ-9132

Solved!
Go to solution

Does anyone know if I use a Touch Screen Monitor (ex. TCM-1012) connected to a cDAQ-9132 (via the DisplayPort) running Win7e, will the Touch Screen Monitor work as a mouse/keyboard automatically/seamlessly for simple LabVIEW Front Panel manipulation?  Or will I have to use the LabVIEW Touch Panel module for this functionality?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,078 Views)

Hello Hansel,

I found this forum post that was discussing this same topic with a cDAQ 9139. I believe the setup and concepts should be similar. Please look over the discussion and the suggestions by Miro_T.

Best,

Zoe B. 

Account Manager - Pacific Northwest
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,037 Views)

Thank you for responding.  From what I can tell, it appears the forum post you mention is slightly different than mine.  My situation is using a cDAQ-9132 as the computer (running Win7e) and a TCM-1012 (touch-panel monitor) as the conduit to the Win7e environment.  Your example has a touch panel computer (TPC-2212) communicating with a CDAQ-9139 running RT - in this case there shouldn't need to be a separate touch-panel development since the TCP-2212 is already capable of running an HMI.  My question is if the cDAQ is running Win7e and I connect a TCM-1012 to the DisplayPort input, will the TCM-1012 be capable of functioning as the HMI conduit (display, mouse, keyboard) or will a separate touch-panel development be necessary.  I hope this makes sense.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,014 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Hansel

You are correct, the TPC-2212 was a standalone touch-panel computer, and the old LabVIEW Touch Panel module was used for deploying to it.

The TSM-1012 (I think you mean the TSM-1012 here, I can't find anything on a TCM-1012) is just a monitor and touchscreen. Connecting it to the cDAQ-9132 (video and USB) should let it function just as a monitor and touchscreen would. The manual discusses driver installation for Windows, which would apply the same to Windows 7 Embedded.

——
Brandon Streiff
ni.com/compactdaq · ni.com/daq
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,009 Views)

You are correct, I meant to say the TSM-1012 Touch Screen Monitor.  Thank you for getting back with me.  Much appreciated.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,005 Views)