From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

software/ meas and automation not detecting hardware changes in sensitivity

I am trying to use labVIEW to analyze an input signal from a digital vibrometer. However, when I adjust the output sensivity of my vibrometer, I do not see a corrosponding change in the measurement and automation explorer, or my daq program.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,120 Views)
Hello,

Thank you for contacting National Instruments.

There are many reasons why you may not be seeing your signal appear correctly. Here is a list of possible reasons:

1. Signal connections: make sure that you correctly have the voltage signal from your vibrometer connected to your DAQ board.

2. If the signal coming from your vibrometer is analog voltage that changes in amplitude, make sure that you have configured your input range to fit the maximum and minimum values produced from your signal. If the voltage you are trying to measure if very small and your input range is very large, you may not be able to see the small response of your signal.

3. If you are receiving digital signals from your vibrometer, you need to make sure that you have you
r digital port of 8 lines configure for input. If you have your port configure for output, you will not see your digital lines change.

If you like, you can reply with more information about your hardware, signal connections, and configuration.

Regards,
Bill B
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,120 Views)