From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

software command list for cDAQ-9184

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I plan to use TCP or UDP from Web broser to send command to cDAQ-9184 for output control. There is only one NI 9477 on this cDAQ-9184. From related document, I found that  "With CompactDAQ systems, you can develop measurement and test applications in multiple programming environments, including ANSI C/C++, Visual C#, and Visual Basic .NET. However, tight hardware and software integration makes the LabVIEW development environment the best choice for getting the most performance out of your CompactDAQ system with the least programming effort." but my requirement does not allow to use LabView to do it. I can image that likes using DAQmx in its test panel to do the output demo.

My questions:

1. What is the command list (software- timed generation) that needs to send to cDAQ-9184 for contorl output in NI 9477? I hope it is a simple command like scripe text.

2. Is it possible to use TCP/UDP with web browser to do it?

Thank you,

Garrison

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,363 Views)

Hi Garrison,

First off, if you're not going to use LabVIEW what programming application do you plan on using to communicate with the cDAQ-9184?  And I'm not sure what you're trying to say here when you say 'I can image that likes using DAQmx in its test panel to do the output demo'....

Thanks,

Jonathan R.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,317 Views)

Hi, Jonathan,

I try to use C/C++, or script language for this application.

I mentioned "cDAQmx in its test panel " because I hope the application like that simply to trigger output module NI 9477's output PIN.

Would you have any suggestion?

Best,

Gansheng

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,314 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author BostonMks

Hi Gansheng,

Unfortunately, there is no easy way to program that's going to offer you the convenience (but limited) form of 'Test Panel' in NI MAX right away.  However, there are a lot of information readily available online.  I have included some resources to get you moving along with you C code:

http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/370471AA-01/

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/63952600A89AFA72862576EC0076A653

http://www.ni.com/tutorial/5409/en/

Thanks,

Jonathan R.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,303 Views)

Thank you! Jonathan

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,301 Views)

Hi Gansheng,

Is this the information you were looking for?  If so, please mark it as answered.  If not, please let us know what I can further assist you with.  

Thanks,

Jonathan R.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,299 Views)