Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

signal saturation: is ni9215 the right module?

Hi all,

I need to perform several measurments with this sensor through the analog output and I use the module ni9215. I have created a task and the signal is saturated: I got a constant signal +10.1V. Is the ni9215 the right module for the specified sensor?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 16
(3,959 Views)

Hi,

The NI 9215 is an Anolog Input/Output Module +-10V and so it is ok for every input in his range. 

Which kind of tasj have you create? Have you link the D-Series Inclinometer with module directly or by a series resistance?

It seems like a bad connection or task that you are used.

Giuseppe.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 16
(3,945 Views)

Thanks for your reply. Here the inclinometer spec:

http://www.google.it/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=2&ved=0CHQQFjAB&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.mea...

When the sensos is not power supplied, I get a very low voltage signal, instead when it is, I get a signal saturation. I defined a continous sampling task. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 16
(3,942 Views)

Can you export the task and insert as attached file here? 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 16
(3,938 Views)

Have you resolved your issue?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 16
(3,915 Views)

Hi,

I'm sorry for the delayied reply, but my coworker is keeping the laptop with Labivew and so I can't show you the task. Tomorrow I should get it back.

Anyway is the sensor compatible with NI9234, too?

Thanks

Best regards

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 16
(3,912 Views)

Hi, 

as I wrote the module is ok for the sensor but you have to check the connection between module and the sensor in order to read the right signal.

Best regards.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 16
(3,906 Views)

Before to connect the sensor to the ni9215, I have connected it to the ni9234 and I'm little bit afraid I have damaged the sensor with it. Is it possible?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 16
(3,902 Views)

Are you using 9215 with screw terminal or with BNC?

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 16
(3,898 Views)

I'm using the ni9215 with the screw terminal.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 16
(3,895 Views)