Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

scc-sg24 not showing in MAX-Task

Hello everyone,

I've been using NI hard- and software now for some time and never had such a problem. I'm going to measure a load-cell connected via a SCC_SG24 on a SCC-68 to an PCI-6229. I have set up everything according to the respective manuals. But when setting up a test-task and choosing to measure analogue signal -> Force (Bridge) it shows, that no supported hardware is installed. The computer I'm using has only installed LV-Runtime (because it's a production computer) and DAQmx.

Could anyone tell me, whether I'm using the right components for the task and/or why it is not showing up in the task. When choosing "voltage with excitation" in the task creation window I can choose the SCC-SG24 channels. Do I have to install the LV Development environment to use the strain measurements?

Thanks very much in advance!

Mateusz

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(4,177 Views)

hello,

I hope I can help you with this docuement:

Strain Measurements With Strain Gages: How-To Guide - National Instruments
http://www.ni.com/white-paper/7130/en/

best regards

Richard

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(4,097 Views)

Hi Mateusz,

I don't think the issue is runtime vs dev environment. I've simulated a 6229 with an SCC-68 and an SG24 on a computer with the full development environment and I can only do Strain, Voltage and Custom Voltage with Excitation tasks on the SG24.

I don't know of any reason that it wouldn't be compatible with Force-Bridge tasks. My hunch is that the Force-Bridge task wasn't around when SCC first came out.

I'll dig and let you know if we find out more.

Regards,

Luke B.

NI R&D

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(4,054 Views)

thank you both for your help. The guide was helpful, at least I know now that the SCC is correctly installed.

I would very much appreciate it, if you could find some more information, because the force-bridge gui seems to make setting up the load cells pretty comfortable.

Mateusz

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(4,048 Views)

Update:

After some weeks of waiting NI contacted me again and explained, that this is really a driver matter. They have created a corrective action request so maybe it will find it's way in future releases of the DAQ drivers.

Thanks everyone for your help.

Best regards,

Mateusz

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,884 Views)