cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

scb-68 problem

Solved!
Go to solution

I had bought PCI 6251 with SCB -68.

I'm in the process of connecting them to my hardware and would like to ask few questions.

1. How to connect my motor, encoder and potentiometer to scb-68? Do I need to connect to I/O connector or srew terminals? Which one is the input pin and which one is the output pin?
2. I would like to use it to give analog input to my motor and get analog output from my potentiometer and get output from my encoder. Is it correct that the switch setting should be as in "MIO with disabled temperature sensor mode (default configuration)*" as in page 5 in the 'scb-68  manual.pdf' attachment?
3. Do I need to do steps 4-6 as in page 4 in the 'scb-68  manual.pdf' attachment? What is a 'signal wires' mentioned in steps 4 and where are the other end of the wires connected to the screw terminals should be connected?
4. Do I need to perform step 10 for my application as in question 2?
5. I went to ni.com/info and enter the info code rdwpdf as in step 2 but can not get anything. What should I do?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,686 Views)
Solution
Accepted by nnnnnnnn

1. The connection to the DAQ device is made by a cable between it and the I/O connector. There are no inputs and outputs on the SCB-68. There are inputs and outputs on your DAQ card. Since there is a one-to-one correspondence, once you know the pin number of the DAQ card, connect to the screw terminal on the SCB-68 that is numbered the same.

2. Yes, you want to disable all temperature sensors.

3. Of course. If you don't connect anything, you cannot source or measure with the DAQ card. Signal wires are the connections to your components.

4. No, this is optional.

5. No idea what is wrong.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,683 Views)

Hello,

I am using SCB-68 with PCIe 6343 and 6341 DAQ cards.I am new in LabView sw and hw world.

My question is related to the SCB-68: are all the ground points AI GND (7 on one SCB-68) connected to the same ground? And also all AO GND? 

The problem is that I am generating DC signal with amplitude of 2,36V on pin 22 AO 0, but measured with manual multimeter it is actually always 2,322V. Pin 24 AI GND and pin 55 AO GND are connected to the evaluation board and they show voltage close to 0V, but voltage on all other grounds is -0,039V. Why is this happening, and how I can fix it?

I am using default SCB-68 configuration.

I have also tried to check the voltage on those pins with MAX, but the ground voltage is again not 0 (for generated voltage of 3 V on pin 22, on the AI GND pin 56 is -0,037V).

Any advice is wellcome. Thank you!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,204 Views)

The connector block does not connect any of the grounds.  Your DAQ board should have the grounds connected internally.  37mV sounds like noise to me.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,198 Views)

Thank you crossrulz very much for your quick reply.

What does that mean "Your DAQ board should have the grounds connected internally."  Do I need to calibrate the DAQ device? How can I fix the issue with the noise on the GND?

Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,195 Views)