Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

saving arrays in file and read it back

I am planning to save some data that been insert by user and save it . Then try read it back using data from the user... I' m still having problem to save the array of data...
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,341 Views)
I do not completely understand what you want to do. I'm assuming that you mean you would like to save the array into a file, and then read it back later. If this is the case, take a look at this example:
http://sine.ni.com/apps/we/niepd_web_display.DISPLAY_EPD4?p_guid=B45EACE3DF5556A4E034080020E74861&p_node=DZ52146&p_submitted=N&p_rank=&p_answer=&p_source=External

I hope that helps!

Derek

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,341 Views)
Hi,

Take a look at the example I have attached. I think you are trying to continuously write out waveform data to a spreadsheet and append a column header information related to that waveform information.

Note that in this example, opening and closing the file is occuring outside of the loop where the data acquisition is occuring. This allows for a HUGE performance gain as opening/closing a file will take >80% of your computer's resources. The Write/Read LabVIEW Measurement File is doing just this: opening/closing a file every time you call it inside the loop. Try tweaking the example attached and hopefully it will work much better in your application.

Thanks and have a great day!

Kileen C.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,341 Views)