From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"attempt to read samples no longer availables"

Hi all, i have a continuous acquisition of 6 channels at 30KS/s each channel. I'm using the Daqmx driver, and almost any code I put to my acquired signal leads to the error: "attempt to read samples no longer availables", as if my processing stage were too heavy for my acquisition rate. But the code I agregate is so simple! Can anyone help me? I can send some VIs as example. Thank you.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,847 Views)
Hello Paulia,

The error you are probably getting is Error number -200279 "Attempted to read samples that are no longer available. The requested sample was previously available, but has since been overwritten."

This is caused because you are overwritting your buffer during your acquisition. During a continuous, buffered acquisition, the buffer should be monitored to ensure the data is not overwritten. In DAQmx, a DAQmx Read Property Node must be used to obtain the amount of data remaining in the buffer. Set the property to Status » Available Samples Per Channel and attach an indicator to the output. If the value continuously increases during the acquisition, decrease the sampling rate, increase the buffer size, or increase the number of samples per channel to read

This should solve your problem. Please let me know if did or if you have any further questions. Have a great day!

LA
Message 2 of 2
(2,847 Views)