Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Windows does not have a driver associated with your device." USB-6289

I've got an old USB-6289 that I'm trying to get up and running on a 64-bit Windows 7 machine. I downloaded and installed NI-DAQmx 16.0.1 and have the Device Monitor and Measurement & Automation Explorer running. When I plug in the USB device, it comes up under Devices and Interfaces as a USB-6289 but has a yellow warning triangle that says "Windows does not have a driver associated with your device." And when I search for the driver for the USB-6289, all I find are more downloads directing me to download NI-DAQmx.

Can I find the exact driver for my usb device since the NI-DAQmx doesn't seem to work with my exact device?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(8,585 Views)

Hello,

Thank you for posting your question, I checked the supported hardware of the driver and the USB-6289 is listed, you can confirm it here in the supported hardware section.

Can you see your device listed in the Device Manager as it appears in this link where it says Data Acquisition Devices?

My first recommendation would be to delete the MAX database, follow this link to do so.

I'd recommend as well to force-reinstall the driver following this Knowledge Base article having the firewall and anti-virus off, there are some known cases that these two software can influence negatively the correct installation of the software.

Let me know how it goes!

LuisG.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(8,546 Views)
I did a force reinstall of the 16.1.0 (rather than 16.0.1) version of the driver and it seems to be up and running. Thanks!
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(8,512 Views)

Wonderful news! I'm glad you are good to go now!

Luis G.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(8,498 Views)