From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problems performing offset null and shunt calibration in NI PXI-4220

I am using a 350 ohm strain gage for the measurements, i have already create a task in MAX, when i want to perform offset null in the task, the program shows a waiting bar and the leds in the 4220 board start to tilting, but when the waiting bar stops, MAX gets blocked. it has been impossible to me to perform the offset null, what can i try?.

which will be the correct values for the parameters beside the gage parameters for the strain measures?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,392 Views)
Hello,

Thank you for contacting National Instruments.

Usually when this problem occurs, it is do to incorrect task configuration or incorrectly matched quarter bridge completion resistor. Ensure that you have the correct Strain Configuration chosen. The default is Full Bridge I. If you only have a single strain gauge in your configuration, you will need to change your configuration. Also ensure that if your are using a quarter bridge completion resistor make sure that it is 350Ohm not 120Ohm. If the resistor if 120Ohm you will more thank likely not be able to null your bridge.

Please see the PXI-4220 User Manual for more information about your configuration and signal connections: http://digital.ni.com/manuals.nsf/websearch/F93CCA9A0B4BA19B86256D60
0066CD03?OpenDocument&node=132100_US

Also, you can download and install the latest NI-DAQ 7.2 driver: http://digital.ni.com/softlib.nsf/websearch/50F76C287F531AA786256E7500634BE3?opendocument&node=132070_US

This 7.2 driver has a signal connections tab displayed when configuring your DAQmx Task which show you how to correctly connect your signals.

Regards,
Bill B
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,392 Views)