Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pcie 6363 - voltage drift in SE recording

Hi, 

I am recording the output of a function generator (~15mV sinusoids at ~3000 Hz). I am using a BNC to direct the signal out of the function generator and into the BNC2090A and recording the analog signal in SE mode.  While the data starts out being close to 0 in diff mode (fig 1), it drifts towards -10V as soon as i shift the recording to SE mode (fig2 ). Finally after ~ 5 minutes, the voltage eraches its minimal value and levels off (fig 3)

Whats happening?

Board: PCIe 6363

PC: Dell optiplex running Windows 7

DAQ Interface: BNC 2090A

Only AI0 is connected. Every other BNC slot is empty

I checked the output of the function generator using an oscilloscope - it is pretty stable over many hours.

Balaji

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(4,161 Views)
When you switch to single ended mode, how are you connecting the gnd? Out sounds like you have a floating signal.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(4,144 Views)

Thanks for the reply. 

I am recording in RSE mode(if that is what you are asking)

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(4,137 Views)
You already said that. I'm asking about the physical connection changes that you changed.

http://www.ni.com/white-paper/3344/en/
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(4,130 Views)

What Dennis is trying to get at is that if you are using RSE configuration, you need the ground of your signal to be connected to AI GND.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(4,122 Views)