From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ni mydaq versus usb6008

Solved!
Go to solution

HI,

I want to contol the speed of a 3 phase motor using PID control. Can some recommend which DAQ to go with. NImyDAQ or the USB6008. I'm sure I read on this forum somewhere that the USB6008 cannot perform with PID control. I'm thinking of just going with the NImyDAQ. DOes anyone know the advantages the NImyDAQ has over the 6008

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,203 Views)
Solution
Accepted by ABergin

The myDAQ does not do PID control either.  It is just a DAQ board.  You use the myDAQ or any other DAQ (like the USB6008) to read and write signals but use a Windows-based program to control them (usually in LabVIEW).  Perhaps you were thinking of the myRIO (which is a RealTime computer with an FPGA that you can use)?

The myDAQ is an academic device while the USB6008 is for commerical use.  Other than that, check the inputs and output to see if they can meet your specification.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(4,192 Views)
Solution
Accepted by ABergin

Thank for that KNight of NI. Iwill be using Labview alright to enable PID but I'm sure I read it somewhere that even with labview the USB6008 is not capable of it? I think I will just go with the NImyDAQ

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(4,182 Views)
You are almost certainly confusing the ability to do pid with the ability to generate the signal required for the pid. You have not mentioned the signal required so how can you expect an answer?
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(4,176 Views)